Monday, April 12, 2010

Boom Boom Pow

So I had my first losing week last week, no biggie. This week was rather chaotic. Seems that I was up $100 then down the same about three times. Thankfully I ended the week with a good long session, along with clearing Full Tilt's "Take 2" promo which was an automatic $25.

Final story for the week:

+$30 rakeback
+$25 bonus
+$14 actual poker profits
+$69 for the week

Total profit so far is a handy $555, still far outpacing my original expectation.

I've logged 34.3k hands (compared to 33k estimate) in a total of 50 hours. Averaging better than $11 per hour.

It seems like the limit Rush games have reached a sort of equalibrium. The games are almost completely dead (maybe 20-30 people seated) during the day. In the evenings it gets up to the 60-80 range fairly frequently still. Not great, but it's still worth playing. I've decided to stop trying to multi-table the regular games as long as there are enough Rush players handy. It kills my action at lunchtime, but I'm toying with the idea of playing turbo SNG's during lunch again. That's where I cut my teeth back in the day, so I should be able to stay afloat fairly easily.

It's just that the lunchtime schedule makes multi-tabling real games real tough, but I'd still like to get some action in. I'm going to do some more research on this, but don't be surprised to see me playing the $5 SNG's in the near future.


In other news, I played in the monthly freeroll again. This time I was about 30 minutes late due to extenuating circumstances, so when I finally showed up I was down to about 800 chips with blinds at 40/80. Pretty much right into shove or fold territory. I waited about two orbits and found myself with TT on the button. After everyone folded I pushed and was insta-called by the BB with J6o. Flop was junk, turn was junk, river was a Jack. Done. Oh well.

First place was over $3500, so it's definitely worth playing these things every month. I just hope I can cash in on something someday. I think the best strategy (for me) would be to just double up a couple times and fold my way into the money while waiting for aces or kings.

Finally, in April I'm on pace in all 11 days to make Ironman Gold again. That'd be a steady $100/month value for me that's not factored into my profit yet (since I haven't actually been paid any of it yet), and that's pretty awesome imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment