Tuesday, November 18, 2008

lol downswing

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

I was glad to show myself that I could shrug off those 65 BB downswings last week. That wasn't so bad. Last night I got an even bigger test. I sat down a four tables, one of which was three-handed against a super-super fish, like 85% VPIP, literally 0% PFR, and an aggression factor of about 0.4 over about 200 hands. He will call down pretty much any two cards to the river and not bet or raise unless he's made a decent hand, say second pair or better. Textbook, cookie-cutter, simple simple opponent.

Well, after losing horrifyingly to him and the others on three other tables for about a half hour I sat out and said to myself "Jeez, I must've dumped like $50 right there." I checked and found out it was actually $80.

So there you have it. -80 BB's in under 200 hands. I didn't feel particularly bad about it, since I knew that I was playing well against bad players, but it still stung a bit to lose 20% of my roll so quickly. That was a landslide. I don't have the chart right now but it will be there in my next weekly stats post.

So I closed those tables and took a break, but I sat right back down with Mr. 80/0 and took back half my losses over the next hour. That felt really good.

One thing's for sure, though. 6-max is way, way more fun than full-ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment