Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Official goal (graph included)

1) Start with $300*

2) Play .50/1.00 6-max until I have $1k, move up to 1/2 6-max

3) Play until I have 500 BB's for the next level, move up

4) Repeat step 3 until I can make twice as much at 3/6 as I can at my current job

*I will probably add another few hundred to my roll to speed up my ascent to 1/2

Just for fun, I put together a chart to show me just how much money I can win over the next year or so doing this.

Assumptions:
i) 1.25 BB/100 winrate at .5/1
ii) 1.00 BB/100 winrate at 1/2
iii) 0.75 BB/100 winrate at 2/4
iv) 0.50 BB/100 winrate at 3/6
v) I will play 6 hours per week until I really get into a rhthm, at which point I will play 10 hours per week (I just figured that would be somewhere in the middle of 1/2)
vi) I will assume 3 tables at a time until around the 1/2 range where I will kick it up to 5
vii) 27% rakeback is figured into these projections as well

*I should add that while these are realistic assumptions, I in no way expect a nice smooth line up to $100k. Should my fortunes rise or fall in some fashion to not match my goals, I will simply readjust my starting assumptions and work from there. Essentially this is just a tool for me to see what the world could look like in 12 months. Sort of like buying those skinny pants before you start a diet, just so you have some visual motivation to keep you grinding.


So here it is, click for larger image

No comments:

Post a Comment