Monday, March 29, 2010

Hangin tough

Update for the week:

Well, good news and bad news. The bad news is I suffered a $90 downswing this week. But the good news is I'm still up almost $100 for the week.

I'm a little behind my pace for total hands played, but I'm keeping it close so I'm not worried about that.

Totals so far: 22,887 hands, $521 profit, still over $15 per hour.

As an aside, I've been playing the Rush games almost exclusively, and I've noticed that the limit Rush tables are getting pretty short. Where a no-limit Rush table will have 800+ people, the limit game is lucky to have over 100. And last week I noticed at the off-peak times of day where I used to see 50-60 people there are now zero. So I'm a little worried about my bread and butter game drying up.

So I searched for some help. My biggest problem before was getting many tables running and managing them. Turns out there's a great script someone wrote to stack tables and control the action for massively multitabling. I installed it last night and it worked beautifully. It even works for multiple sites at once.

If anyone is interested I can link it. For now I forgot the name of it.

The only real problem I'll have now is still finding enough tables on FT to maximize the number of hands I'm in. Full ring limit just isn't very popular with the masses. Last night I had four Rush tables going and about three or four regular tables going. If Rush dies completely my volume will likely be cut in half if I have to rely on the regular full ring games. But there the waiting lists kill my volume. Since I typically only play 20-30 minutes at a time, if I spend 5-10 minutes on a waiting list it's a huge waste of time.

I might need to deposit on PokerStars just to get access to more tables to play. Either that or start mixing in some 6-max tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment