Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rush Poker has changed my life

So about a month ago I got a seemingly innocuous email from my friends at Full Tilt. Turns out they started a new program called "Rush Poker" which promised to change poker forever.

If you're not familiar, Rush Poker puts a large group of people (up to 2,000 if I'm not mistaken) and seats them all at the same "table." As soon as you fold your hand the players currently seated with you disappear and the next batch of 9 is immediately seated and dealt a new hand. Let me tell you, it's a rush. Position is relatively random-ish, with blinds being assigned by who's gone the longest without paying a blind. Over the long term it's all evened out.

The biggest difference here, imo, is that you can't count on being seated with the same people, so traditional reads and tendancies are pretty much out the window for now.

For me, the greatest thing about this is the shear volume of hands played in an hour. On one table you'll see over 200 hands per hour. I've been playing three tables simultaneously, and I'm averaging about 700 hands per hour.

The long and the short of it is, however, I'm back in the action. And on top of it all, it's more fun than it's ever been for me.

So here we go again. I've updated my table of goals on the left, but I'll share the details here as well. Note: all of this assumed .50/1.00 limit full ring games.

GOALS:
1) Play about 5 hours per week, or roughly 3500 hands (first three weeks)
2) After I get back into a rhythm I'll add a fourth table and be up to about 5000 hands per week
3) Win at least .5BB/100 poker, or $0.50 won for every hundred hands dealt. Combine this with 27% rakeback and my true goal is...
4) Win $10 per hour

If I keep this up for a year I'll have over $3000 ready to pay for our family trip to DisneyWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment