Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Woo! I (continue to) run good

A short week for me, but a good one. 5.33 hours and 2,968 hands. 3.3 BB/100. Awesome.

Overall, 14,292 hands in 21.3 hours. 1.25 BB/100.

My total profit including bonus is over $335, or $15.72 per hour. I'm running better than I expected, but not necessarily better than I could achieve over the long term. A portion of my profit so far is $80 of cleared bonus from Full Tilt. If you take that out of the equasion I would be somewhere around $13 per hour.

If you look at my original goals I'm right on track with hands played (which is the only part I can truly control), and way ahead of schedule for winnings.

Last night's session was another roller coaster. Down about 30 BB's in about five minutes. Stuff like sets losing to a flush. Standard, but costly. Then all of a sudden I got wrapped up into about a half dozen big pots that swung me up about 60 BB's in no time. Flopping a set in a five-way capped pot. Making crying calls with just one pair in big pots when the action showed me I was beat, but holding up anyway. Once again I found myself with quads and being bet into. "Okay... I raise."

Good stuff. And the most important thing I'm learning right now is that poker is still fun for me. Even in the -30 BB in five minutes moments, I still like pounding out hundreds of hands of Rush poker. It goes so fast I don't have time to feel bad about losing a big pot. I don't have time to get bored and browse the internet or turn my mind to other things. It's the perfect balance of focus and enjoyment. The hands happen just fast enough for me to keep track of the action and make a good decision, but not slow enough to give me any extra time to let my thoughts wander.

One of my goals is going to be tough to meet. I assumed after four weeks of 3-tabling Rush that I'd be ready to add a 4th table. I haven't been able to do that comfortably yet. I've tried a few times and always get a little too overwhelmed. Right now I'm averaging just shy of 700 hands per hour. That seems to be my comfort zone.

On a side note, I'm on track for making Gold level in Full Tilt's Ironman program. If I can manage that month over month (it would take at least an hour on each of 20+ days in a month), and their mid-year bonus offer happens like last year, it will mean an extra $75 per month in bonus. That would be worth almost $4 per hour on it's own. Plus rakeback. Plus what I win at poker. I think $10 per hour is very sustainable. $15/hour isn't out of the question.

Disney, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment