Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quads again.

So I was sitting down for some maintenance hands just to see if I could get my auto-import hand history working right again and in less than five minutes I was down almost $20. WTF? Every hand would flop a flush draw and get sandwiched between raisers, or pair + gutshot type hands. Or double barreling AK when I missed the flop. Ahhhh!

I said screw it and contrary to every instinct decided to play my way out of it just because I was mad.

So I started by committing another cardinal sin of poker... open limping. Pocket 4's under the gun limped and immediately raised by UTG+1. Cold-called by MP, called by BB. I called. Flop bottom set with two clubs on board. I check to UTG+1 who bets. MP raises, BB calls. I call. UTG+1 calls.

Turn is another club, but also a 4 (lol quads!!!!!!!). I check again to UTG+1 who bets, MP raises, BB calls again. This time I 3-bet. UTG+1 caps, called around. So now I'm hoping I'm facing the nut flush and kings full. I bet the river and unfortunately just get called by UTG+1 and MP. $24 pot. All of a sudden I'm up about $6 in my mini-session and close the tables and count my blessings.

btw, UTG had JJ with Jack of clubs. MP had KQo.

Yes sir. Online poker still has bad players playing. Just make quads.

No comments:

Post a Comment